Friday, February 24, 2012

It's been a while!

Sadly I realized I had not kept this blog up to date. However, one of my New Year's resolutions was to do that very thing. Since it's only the end of February, I'm not too behind schedule!

One thing I love on a cold winter day like today is COMFORT FOOD! Of course, if it's in a casserole form, than it's even better.

This is a recipe I came up with that is really good on a cold day, and fairly easy too!

CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
1-12 oz package egg noodles
1-16 oz package California blend frozen veggies
2-10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
Approx. 6 or 7 chicken breast tenderloins-cooked & cubed
Milk
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. In a mixing bowl, add both cans of cream of mushroom soup. Fill 1 of your empty soup cans with milk. Add to mixture. Stir until combined. Mix in noodles, frozen veggies and chicken. Transfer to casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350F for approx. 30 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over top. Place back in oven and back about another 10 min. or until cheese is melted.




Unfortunately, I took the picture BEFORE I added the cheese, but hopefully you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment