Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Radishes


  • Radishes...not too much you can do with them.  Salads, eating them raw.  We were actually getting a bit tired of radishes, so I thought I'd see if there was anything else I could do with them.  Sure enough, I came across several recipes.  This one looked very appealing to me, as I love cooking veggies on the grill.

  • Here is the original recipe I came across.


  • My "tweaked" version:

  • Grilled Radishes
  •  

  • Ingredients
    • 20 ounces radishes, sliced
    • 1 t garlic salt
    • 1 t parsley flakes
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 1 t lemon pepper
    • 1 cube ice
    • non stick cooking spray


    Directions
    1. Spray non stick cooking spray onto piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, large enough to wrap contents.
    1. Place radishes on foil.  Top with butter, seasonings and ice cube.  Wrap foil up tightly.
    1. Place foil packet on the grill, about Medium heat and cook 20 minutes, or until radishes are tender.


Believe it or not, they were actually quite good and a nice change from raw radishes!  Would love to hear your thoughts if you end up trying them!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment